As technology has sought to change the way we do things, so has it sought to change the way we light and illuminate our environment and houses. Bulbs LED are fast replacing the traditional and conventional bulbs that have been is use for decades now, and for those still relying on conventional lighting bulbs, they are gradually sliding into the minority group. But even as this trend takes up the industry by storm, it’s prudent to evaluate the benefits of LED bulbs, which ensures that you make strategic moves rather than intuitive decisions. Here are some of the top benefits that LED bulbs guarantee their users.
- Higher efficiency – while conventional bulbs are known to lose up to 80% of their power to other forms of energy other than light, LED bulbs do the reverse, using up to 80% of power for light production. This generates an efficiency advantage of between 80% and 905 over conventional bulbs.
- Long lasting – the heating up effect of conventional bulbs makes them susceptible to early failure, with a majority of them having a lifespan of 750 hrs on continuous operation, compare that with LED’s 30, 000 hrs to 50,000 hrs lifespan and the difference is more than stark. Further, the multiplicative effect of this long life and power efficiency generates large cost savings for the user.
- Seamless change of light colors – LED bulbs have ushered in a new era where you can easily switch between a yellow glow to a green or even a red one, just at the click of a button. More so, recent developments have seen the introduction of remote control devices, ushering in the new era of wireless lighting.
- Environmental friendliness – unlike most conventional bulbs, LED bulbs do not come with mercury or some other chemicals that could be poisonous to the planet. Their long life as well as recyclable nature allows them to cut on the resources spent on illumination.
- Safety is another bonus advantage of LED bulbs. Studies have indicated that LEDs produce no infrared rays, and their production of UV rays is almost negligible, making them a much more suitable option for materials that would be affected by such rays. Life is also threatened by UV rays, right?
- The ability of LED bulbs to work in tough conditions is also a new addition to their growing list of benefits. LED bulbs have been indicated to withstand cold and hot conditions, vibrations and shocks as well as exposure to vast weather including rain. Mention the same and you will see conventional bulbs go off, so why not have these more resistant bulbs for your lighting? They will definitely not fret at the hour of need.
- The design flexibility of LED bulbs is another major addition, they can be designed in more than a thousand ways, depending on customer needs. So why not something adaptable? It obviously pays off.